Sunday, June 1, 2008

Pennsylvania





The Church Brew Works is probably my favorite microbrewery that I have ever visited. The food is great and the brewery is built inside a renovated church. It is in Pittsburgh, PA. We visited Barley Creek Brewing on a ski trip to the Poconos with some friends. It's located in Tannerville, PA. Otto's is in State College, PA where my husband went to college. The North Country Brewing Company is the best little brewery located in my husband's home town of Slippery Rock, PA. They have some very unique beers and the best black and blue burger on the planet. On July 5th 2008 we visited the Manayuck Brewery in the Manayuck neighborhood of Philadelphia. It's in a cute little downtown area right on the Schuylkill River. It has a huge outdoor porch overlooking the river. I had the beer taster and the Peach Wheat beer was yummy and the other table favorite was the Schuylkill Punch (Raspberry lager).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're inspiring me to wander into Pennsylvania!! Of everything you've listed so far, I've only been to Portsmouth. You should stop off at the Magic Hat brewery next time you head north to ski. It's small, but you get lots o'tastings and they are funky fun peeps.